Henrietta Graham is a prolific and incredibly talented artist based in Newlyn, Cornwall. She contacted me needing a quick turnaround on a huge website update, which I was really happy to do.
Henrietta’s oil paintings featuring the Newlyn fishing scene are being reproduced on aluminium to go on permanent display as part of the Newlyn Fishmarket renovations. She was featured on the BBC, leading to a huge number of visits to her website and felt that a new site was urgently needed to cope with demand. Her work sells internationally and she has a very prestigious client base with names that even I recognise so they must be famous!
We spoke on Zoom and I could instantly tell that she is a very busy woman. I suggested a Squarespace site, because once built, it needs no updating, you don’t have to worry about security and it is pretty easy to edit.
Her new site has:
- dedicated galleries for themes that open into lightboxes so you can see the whole painting
- gorgeous videos embedded into key pages that give you a real sense of the artist and her space
- Instagram that feeds straight into her site to keep it up to date and fresh
- a new mailing list, integrated and ready to go
- subtle branding with her signature and name throughout the site
- a shop to sell selected prints of her work
I guided her through the set up of her YouTube channel, shop payments and Mailchimp setup, so she is self sufficient in those areas now.