I’m Lisa Cole, one woman, not an agency. I work with my clients to find the best solutions for their website and graphic needs.
Multifaceted design experience
I have over 15 years experience designing and building websites and over the years I’ve built up thriving online communities. As a freelancer and an artist I have a unique insight into the challenges creatives and small businesses face when dealing with the online world. I know that most of you would rather be painting/drawing/modelling/making than wrestling with a website and I know that your time is precious.
It’s a collaboration
I don’t just design websites, I teach my clients as much as they want to know about running their sites themselves. This makes them self sufficient so they no longer rely on me. I phase myself out as they become more confident but I’m always there if needed.
I run Design Thinking workshops that focus on reusing waste materials and encourage sustainable practice. Work has included sessions in Waitrose to celebrate their Unpacked zero waste initiative and in Greenwich IKEA’s learning lab as well as in the Incubator space at the University of the West of England and online for Knowle West Media Centre.
As an Associate Lecturer at the University of the West of England I taught Design Thinking on the largest core module at the university. My students were first year undergraduates from Accountancy, Marketing, Events Management and International Business degree courses. I facilitated the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method to encourage and nurture innovative problem solving. Jan 2020 – June 2020 Enterprise and Entrepreneurship module, Faculty of Business and Law.
- Design Thinking workshops for IKEA.
- Associate and Guest Lecturer in Design Thinking at UWE Bristol.
- In store craft workshops for #WaitroseUnpacked.
- Online Design Thinking workshops for Knowle West Media Centre.
Eco blogger, influencer and author specialising in promoting sustainability
- Ethical influencer for IKEA #LiveLAGOM
- Online collaboration with IKEA presenting waste saving strategies.
- Regular interviews and phone-ins on BBC Radio Bristol.
- Blogger at www.less-stuff.co.uk and www.less-waste.co.uk
Bath Spa University – MA Fine Art (Ceramics) Distinction
2022 to 2023.
My final project was based around the elements and used everyday data to inform ceramic shapes.
UWE, Bower Ashton — Postgraduate Diploma in Design Distinction
2018 – 2020
I was awarded a Summer Scholarship by UWE Enterprise and used the time and resources to explore how teaching Design Thinking can be used as a transferable problem solving skill in all disciplines.
I secured funding to run skill sharing sessions with fellow MA Design students and I was part of the Post Graduate Colloquium group who organised talks and events for Professional Practice Week.
I was Lead Department Student Representative for my year group representing MA Design and Art and Creative Industries at Academic Board meetings.
UWE, Bower Ashton — Design – Fashion and Textiles BA 2.1
I specialised in costume history and worked for the Royal Shakespeare Company, Cosprop and Plymouth Theatre Royal in the summer breaks. My final year project was based on Milton’s Paradise Lost and used the symbolism of triangles in complex and innovative pattern cutting. I won awards for knit design and my final year project was entirely sponsored by the British Wool Board.
- City and Guilds 7307 Certificate in Adult Education
- NVQ Assessor Award D32/33
- Design Thinking for Innovation – University of Virginia School of Business
- Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner – IBM
- Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals – University of California, Davis
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization – University of California, Davis
- Strategy of Content Marketing – University of California, Davis
- Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content – Coursera
- Advertising and Society – Coursera
- Permaculture Design Course – Bristol Permaculture Group